In 2006, Annapolis Wireless Internet (AWI) made Annapolis, Maryland the first city in the United States offering FREE wireless internet access that was funded entirely through private advertising revenue, and not by taxpayer dollars or public assets. Since then, AWI has continued to implement a vast variety of WIFI services in the Annapolis and surrounding areas for business and events. AWI offers the most cost effective installation, delivery and support solutions in the industry.
Annapolis Wireless Internet has successfully deployed wired and wireless networks and technologies to a wide array of clients, including:
Condominiums and Apartments
Temp Event Deployments
And Many More!
Solving problems since 2005
AWI also services it’s clientele with its marketing needs such as SEO optimization, design and implementation of marketing plans, and IT and network consulting.
Annapolis Wireless Internet is uniquely qualified to deliver high-volume wireless internet services and technologies, owing in part to a proprietary network management software and hardware system called the WiDirect. The WiDirect was developed in 2004 by AWI’s parent company, AllCity Wireless.
Annapolis Wireless Internet has gained a reputation in the field for its expertise, low operating costs, and increased value of services. The AWI team is comprised of communication and wireless technology professionals who bring years of experience, authorship, and proprietary product development to every endeavor.
• Fixed, mixed-application projects in the Chesapeake Bay area
• Mobile deployments (NASCAR events, National Boat Shows, etc.)
• Full service (WiFi/WiMax) to the North Carolina State Fair Grounds
• Free WiFi to outdoor areas in the developing Annapolis Towne Center at Parole
• 2 Mobile network deployments for the 2007 Mid-East Peace Conference and 2005 Presidential at the U.S. Naval Academy
• Hospitality venues such as baseball stadiums and conference centers